This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Come Out of Your Comfort Zone Saints - Time is growing short!

I had yet another of many visits with one in prison, yet more free than most, this weekend. I was sharing how I had taken the cable TV off, and how I initially felt similar to a drug addict, thinking how could I get on without it at night, what would I do.

I had started my TV addiction years ago, when I first came to America and got my first glimpse of color TV, and was fascinated by that and the fact that it was on from morning to night. It became my company, as my husband was in the navy and gone a lot, and I was without friends or family in a strange country. I enjoyed all the game shows back then, and eventually started to watch soap operas. All the celebrities, on the TV back then helped keep me company, and fill long empty days and numb my loneliness and pain.

After I got saved I gave up watching soap operas, but would watch some talk shows, which I also eventually gave up, along with the game shows. I had, over the years weaned myself to only watching the idiot box at night. I enjoyed certain home renovation shows, some reality shows, and certain fox news shows, as a form of relaxation, when my over worked brain was at it's weakest, and I just wanted to chillax.

One reality show I used to watch, was 19 kids and counting, until TLC took it off the air, due an act of pure hypocritical, liberal pressure, an act of total cowardice on the part of TLC, who will put other totally degenerate shows on the air. God allowed me to be so incensed, that I called the cable company and told them to remove TLC from my cable line up. They said, they couldn't, without taking off channels I liked, so I told them, "Oh ok then, just take it all off and leave me my internet".

My husband is still waiting to see if I am going to call the cable company back, and get them to turn it back on. Someone else is observing to see if I am going to cave, or if I am going to trust Him and be willing to come out of my "Comfort Zone".

As I shared with the one in prison this weekend, he told me of his similar experience, yet in another area of his life. Years ago, he had, had to have surgery on both of his knees for torn ligaments, and had to have his meniscus replaced. He still, after that, suffered a lot of discomfort.

When he initially went to prison, he prayed, and asked the Lord to heal his knees, and since that time he had exercised often, walking and even running a mile at a time, with a small amount of pain involved. That small amount of pain however, gave him enough fear, and doubt, to cause him to not over do, and try to run further than that one mile at a time. Until one day he asked God, "Lord did you really heal my legs?",  and the Lord said to him,
"Get out of your "Comfort Zone" and run"
That same day he ran 3 miles, now he runs 12 to 15 miles per week. He has gone from his initial 268lbs down to his current 197lbs, all by stepping out of his comfort Zone. It took taking his eyes off that small discomfort, and trusting that the Lord had done what He said He would do.

He reminded me of the incident of Peter and his walking on the water, how his " Comfort Zone" was  that boat, and how the Lord wanted Him to trust Him, and how Peter asked, is that really you Lord ..

As it is written:
Matthew 14:22-33
 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away. 
23And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone. 
24But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. 
25And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. 
26And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 
27But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. 
28And Peter answered him and said, "Lord, "if" it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water". 
29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 
30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 
31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 
32And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. 
33Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Saints we are living in an evil day, and the Lord is going to deal with us to come further out of our comfort zones, as the day of His appearing draws ever nearer. We must all be willing to give up everything the Lord wants us to forsake, and be totally submitted to Him. We must be prepared spiritually for what is to come, and detach ourselves from the world, and the things of the world now, before it is all taken anyway. For that day is coming!

No comments: