This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Rebellion & Stubbornness




















These pictures show Todd Bentley & Jay Bakker (son of Tammy & Jim) proudly showing off their tattoos. It is easy to see the rebellion and stubbornness in these men, because it is in our faces. Yet rebellion and stubbornness lurks in the hearts of many a saint of God today.
These men may feel they are rebelling against society, or being perceived as cool, but in fact they are rebelling against God, and so are we saints anytime we rebel against God and His Word.


I do not share these following things with you today to condemn anyone, but that the saints of God would think on these things and take them before God.

1 Samuel 15:22-23
22. And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Hearken, means to give respectful attention in other words listen and do what God say to do.
Be a doer of the word and not a hearer only!

23. For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Anything that is born in rebellion against society, against what we know is right, is that which is rebellion against God, and is sin.
When we do what we believe is right in our own eyes, knowing it is not what is right in God’s eyes, it is stubbornness.


When ever we quench the Holy Spirit when He is trying to bring us under conviction and we say, “I will do what I want regardless, I don't care what people think” then we are in danger of the judgment. Both these fleshly traits will send us to Hell.


We don’t want to be a part with the workers of iniquity, so let us repent and turn from our wicked ways, and not continue to justify our sin before God.

For some, they get thrill out of doing something that is considered wrong in the eyes of God, and his people. They like to be seen as cool in the eyes of society. It is partially the thrill they get that drives them as much as being acknowledged as cool. Then however the bondage comes. Sin brings death.

I know from personal experience:

When I was a teenager I thought smoking was cool, I was not of age to smoke, but one day was able to get some cigarettes from an older friend. I hid behind my father and stepmothers house and took my first puff, the adrenaline rush was a thrill, I was doing something I was not supposed to do, and seeking not to get caught.
The first puff was a disaster a sputtering choking horror.
My stepmother returned home, and saw the smoke rising from the side of the house. I got caught...it made me feel like a helpless martyr...which I was not, I was a rebellious, godless fool. .

As the years went on I not only increased my smoking, (having to chew gum at the same time, because I didn't like the taste of the cigarettes-how dumb is that?!) I smoked up to 2 packets a day. (I know what it is like to be in bondage, but I also know that when we want to be free, and we seek God He will set us free.) I went on to add drinking as well..under aged drinking...and became more of a rebellious fool. Many a sorrow was heaped upon me because of my sins.

In later years someone we knew grew pot and I having not ever tried any drug outside of cigarettes and alcohol, I thought it would be so cool to try some, so they brought some for me to try...yes I certainly was a big time idiot-with bells on!

The one and only experience I had with pot, thank God, was a horrific one (other wise I would have been fool enough to continue in that sin). As I inhaled the joint I could feel my heart beating in my throat, I thought I was going to die. I began to laugh, but it was like something had control of my body and was laughing through me...I did not feel the human emotion you feel when you laugh. Since that day I have been struck with migraines.... There is a spirit that comes upon a person through all drugs....
A person may say well pot it is a natural plant God means for us to use. Arsenic is a natural plant but we don't smoke that do we!
Listen lets be real, we all know what is right and what is wrong, we just don't want to admit it. We justify our sins because they bring us a false comfort, and a sense of fleshly pleasure, but they will take us to hell if we are not willing to forsake them.

Sadly there are even those who are now addicted to tattoos, and even body piercings, they can't get enough.

Our bodies are the temple of the Most High God therefore we should honor Him in all our ways in our bodies.

No we haven't covered all sins against our bodies, and against God, here today, and there are plenty enough to go around.... however, I pray that this blog will make us all think....
Saints of God we do not have time to indulge our flesh, the Lord is soon to return, we need to set aside all the sins that so easily beset us, and run with patience the race that is set before us.....Seek God saints...Love in Christ-Seed Sower!

3 comments:

Marcel said...

These are the false brethren deceivers who have gone out to lead others away from holiness and God without wich no man will see God.

I think it's sad that we have to worry about hurting the feelings of the demon inspired rebels who do not serve God but the devil.
They have his marks all over their flesh.
This is all part of polluting the people/church of God with the ways of the pagans.
These phony 'religious' ones in our midst reject the white robes of righteousness and mark themselves as unclean and filthy and draw the beguiled sheep away from Jesus to themselves and hell in the end.
-----------------------
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28

A Seed Sower said...

Oh I am not concerned about hurting the feelings of the wicked, just don't want to hurt those who are sincerely seeking delivernace from their bondages.
Rather it is my desire to show them that they can be set free.

Bonny said...

I was reading just recently about the sons of Eli, how they had no regard for the holy things of God, taking the choice pieces of the offerings for themselves, even by deception and coercion; they were no doubt 'charismatic' young men, with a following of young women, committing fornication with them even on the very temple premises......the popular culture of the day perhaps....yet they were priests.
I don't think you have been too harsh, sis. Sadly, I know many young 'Christians' of today, who have tattoos (and some of these obtained after their 'conversions'), completely going against Leviticus 19:28 and any conviction of the Holy Spirit. I remember years ago, my husband got a tattoo and I wondered whether to get one similarly - I came under such conviction from the Holy Spirit, even to entertain such a thought, and was immediately compelled to read the chapter in Leviticus.
The poor young men you have pictured are twisted, messed up, deceived, and such a price tag for getting into these things. Drugs are a form of sorcery, and link us with demons. I have also heard that tattoos can have a similar purpose, inviting demons.
Praise God, He also delivered me from a worldly, messed up lifestyle headed for death when I was young. That is the hope - He will come to all those who truly repent and call on His Name.