This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Waters of Meribah


This was another word the Lord spoke into my mind this week, “The Waters of Meribah”.
I had no clue what He meant at first, so I went searching in His Word.
My heart was so heavy when I first received this word, that I was not able to truly process what the Lord was trying to say to me, so I did not post it.

I have since found it to be a Word that says, “Do not doubt me and my ability to take care of you, don’t say, “Is the Lord going to take care of us or not?”

Exodus 17:7
And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?

Saints, we are not to doubt the Lord, even in our darkest of hours, in our deepest despair. No matter what a situation looks like, we are not to even think for one minute, that the Lord has forsaken us. We are not to find fault with the ways of The LORD. He has promised to never leave us nor forsake us. We are not to question Him on this matter.

What is faith saints?
It is that which we hope for, that which we see no evidence of, yet we believe, we trust in the LORD. We trust that He has our best interests at heart, that He knows what it takes to bring us to perfection in His eyes.
NO matter the path, no matter how dark it may grow before us, He is leading the way, He is guiding our steps, He is under girding us that He may bring us forth victorious!
There are many other lessons to be learned when studying about the waters of Meribah, but I share just this one with you today.

3 comments:

randy said...

My thoughts have been along the same vein this past week. I was thinking of the promises of God that His children are being made into precious jewels; that He prepares a place for us where the walls and foundations will be of rubies, jewels, beautiful stones. My mind tries to imagine His promises, to bring them into some kind of picture that I can dwell on.

In a sweet, small voice, I heard in my spirit, "How are the jewels of the earth produced? Where do they come from..."

In the deepest, darkest depths of this planet come the most beautiful stones. The more pressure they are under, the more their beauty is formed. Do I want to be a jewel in the eyes of my Father? Or do I want to be a stone like shale or clay that breaks, cracks or leaks upon use? Do I want to be a vessel of honor that is used on very special occasions in my Father's house, or am I content to be a vessel of dishonor, one used every day and ignored in the house of my Father?

I cannot have it both ways. I pray use me LORD, make me into what You want me to be, then at the first sign of trouble, turmoil, distress, I immediately cry our for the pressure to stop; immediately!!!

I cannot have it both ways!

God has promised to uplift those who are bowed down. I am finding out that the pressure He is allowing is so that He can produce what He wants to form in me. An easy process? NO! NEVER!

But from His perspective, it must be necessary. Shall not the Judge of the whole earth do right?

Thank you for your post and the reminder that their is "no fault with the ways of the LORD."

sarah said...

Thank you, this is encouraging and a great reminder.

May we never be wise in our own eyes! (Proverbs 3)
Sarah

A Seed Sower said...

Right brother Randy, if we are to be tried, it is going to be difficult, and uncomfortable, but through Christ we shall be victorious!
Amen sister Sarah, and if we acknowledge Him in all our ways He shall direct our paths!
Thank for taking time to leave a comment Sarah.