This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Magnificence and Awesome Ways of The LORD of Glory!


I tell you saints God is totally way beyond Awesome in what He does in the hearts of men.

I visited a member of the body of Christ in Prison again yesterday, and I tell you saints I came away blessed beyond belief. (For those worried about now, that perhaps I may be a prison groupie-ah no-its a family member in prison-that's for those curious as well!)

God is Good saints and He is Faithful and He can save to the uttermost, all those who cry unto HIM. He can move mountains or drag a person to the lowest to save their soul, let me tell you.

Any way, as I was saying I was so blessed to listen to testimony of what the LORD is doing through this submitted, yielded, obedient vessel. Even prison officials are being effected along with inmates. Some of whom do not even know this young man, will walk up to him asking him to pray for them.

I have one specific testimony for you that I will share here today, there are many.

One day the brother was in a particular area, where another young man came up to him with a photo, it was of a rather plain homey looking young lady with crooked teeth, (a photo that many would have viewed and laughed at), he asked our brother if he would pray for him and his girlfriend as he showed him the photo.
Our brother looked at the photo without so much as a flinch, and said, "Sure, yes I will pray for her, and for you."

Our brother told me, God does not look on the outward appearance, He looks upon the heart, and that is how I viewed the young lady in the photo, through God's eyes.

A few days later the young man who had come to our brother, requesting prayer, returned and our brother said to him, "How are things going, I prayed for you and your girlfriend?"

The young man said "I know"

Then he said, "I just wanted you to know that you were the only one who did not laugh, or make fun when I showed them that photo, all you said was,

"Sure I'll pray for her, and for you."

You didn't laugh, you didn't say anything, that made me to know, that the God in you is real!

I tell you saints it brought tears to my eyes.

There is such a Godly Christ like countenance on this young man, it is a mantle from God. I go to a prison and I come away blessed beyond belief, what a way to spend what the World celebrates as Easter-to have been ministered to by the Spirit of the Lord moving through one of the brethren, All Glory to God!!!

2 comments:

randy said...

Truely, Sister Helen, God's ways and thoughts are beyond our comprehension. His compassions never fail or come short. Waiting on the LORD is not an easy process; but those who wait upon Him, seeking His face gain great reward from Him. Something happsens to us as we wait upon Him. My father used to minister in prisons and on occasion he would take one or two of his sons. It left an impression on me, even to this day. Prison is where, truely, many are in the valley of decision.

Thank you for the story of the young prisoner and his faith and influence. The Apostle Paul and many of the prophets also spent considerable time in prison!

A Seed Sower said...

Bro Randy, what is so totaly awsome about this young man is that it is all God, and nothing to do with man...men never led him to the LORD, God did a soverign work, on a repentant man who cried out to HIM for Mercy...and God is working on him moment by moment, and he is filled to overflowing with the scriptures, which he can quote quite freely -Praise God, yet better still he manifests the fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit in all humility and Grace.
Sin took him to prison but Grace has set him free!!!!!