This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Give Thanks For The Mercy of God Still Extended To Me!

I thank God for tragedy at aged 2 1/2, when my mother died.
I thank God that my father rejected me.
I thank God for a grandmother who kept a promise to a beloved daughter and took me in.
I thank God that she taught me what love was, and that there was A God.
I thank God that she taught me how to communicate with Him in prayer.
I thank God that though she had lost a husband, daughter, grandson and son she still had faith.
I thank God that she taught me to trust in God even through great tragedy.

I thank God that even in my rebellion at any early age, He kept me.
I thank God that in my sins He did not reject me, or allow me to be destroyed.
I thank God that He always provided for me, even when I deserved death.
I thank God that in my darkest hours when I cried out to Him, He was there.
I thank God that he allowed me to have anxiety and fear.
I thank God that he allowed me to experience rejection and loneliness.
I thank God that he allowed me to make foolish choices.

I thank God for a husband who accepted me for what I was.
I thank God for blessing me with two beautiful children that I didn’t deserve.
I thank God that He brought me to a foreign land and into the depths of despair.
I thank God that He brought me to a country where the Gospel was free.
I thank God that when I cried out to Him, He heard me, and sent the answer.
I thank God that He reached out His hand and rescued me.
I thank God that He brought a tent revival to my front door.

I thank God that He taught me of JESUS who paid the price for my sins.
I thank God for JESUS who when I didn’t deserve it, set me free from sin and bondage.
I thank God that He saved my soul, and filled me with His Spirit.
I thank God that He will finish the work that He began in me.
I thank God that He has kept my children from the very shadow of death
I thank God for my most precious grandchildren.
I thank God that He shall save my whole house hold so all may Praise Him.

And all this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to God’s Mercy to me.
What do you have to be thankful for saints?

We are to give thanks for all things and in all things...Amen!!!

2 comments:

Bonny said...

Love you sis! I know this story well - not just yours, but my own. Without His lovingkindness and mercy where would we be. He is fitting us for heaven, to dwell with Him for eternity, and these things are all worked together for good - for His higher purpose. Amen.

Bonny said...

Love you sis! I know this story well - not just yours, but my own. Without His lovingkindness and mercy where would we be. He is fitting us for heaven, to dwell with Him for eternity, and these things are all worked together for good - for His higher purpose. Amen.