This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WHAT'S IN A NAME?


What is in a Name?

I heard the expression recently while watching a public testimony by a public personality, on publicly broadcast television, “When I came to the faith”.
As I watched and listened, and waited, I asked myself "Faith in what?" "Faith in who? "

What is in a name?

I thought to myself,
If someone is watching this person as I am watching them, are they asking the same questions I am asking myself?”

I was troubled in my spirit, troubled for this young man, as much as for those who were perhaps lost, and watching and listening to him as I was.

It seems that men are not afraid to speak the name of “God”, religions and cults alike speak the name of “God”.
There is no reproach in speaking the name of “God” in this day and hour.
Some even believe that we all serve the same “God”.

Neither is there any reproach in speaking of “Faith” even the heathen speak of "Faith".
The feel good crowd tell us to have “Faith” in ourselves.

What is the name that men are hesitant and some afraid to speak of?

JESUS

Why is it so?
Well many it seems are afraid of the reproach that comes when we speak His name?
His name is not accepted with the media, or the world.

When we want to be accepted by the world we keep His name to ourselves, we play it slow and easy so as not to offend any. Saints we don't have time to play it slow and easy!

Yes His name is an offense to many.
It has been an offense to many down through the ages, and it is no different today.

Most all the world knows of who you speak, when you speak the name of JESUS, the name that is above all names!

The name in which many have been willing to give their lives, JESUS

Who gave His life that we might be saved? JESUS

Who is the redeemer of mankind? JESUS

Who is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords? JESUS

Who is our soon coming King? JESUS

At whose feet are all knees to bow? JESUS

At whose feet are all tongues to confess that He is Lord? JESUS

Matthew 10:22-JESUS said:
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

For the sake of HIS name, the name of JESUS.
Saints we must be willing to be hated by all the world for His name's sake.
If we seek to please the world and be accepted of the world we will not be accepted of JESUS.

Saints in this day, and in this hour, we don’t have time to keep quiet about His name, we need to speak it boldly in Faith, for it is He who is going to be our shield, our strength, our provider and our shelter in the days to come.
It is JESUS whom we will stand before in that day, so let us be bold in exclaiming the most Holy name of JESUS!
Let us not be ashamed to speak His name, ever!

Mark 8:38-JESUS said:
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.


Saints may we all witness in boldness and truth while we yet have the daylight. For the hour is coming in which no man can work! Let us pray for one another that we might all hear the words, "Well done my good and Faithful Servant, enter thou into the joy of the Lord"

1 comment:

randy said...

Amen, Sister Helen!
There is NO OTHER Name under Heaven whereby one may be saved.

He is the way, the truth and the life.

I thank Him daily that He has seen fit to "count me in" with the number He has, by His grace and mercy, chosen.