36. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Neither The disciples nor Jesus called the Bible-"The Word of God" they called what they had at that time"The Scripture" ....
In the Old Testament there are references to "The word of God" and it says, "The Word of God came saying...." It was God speaking to them, just as Jesus speaks to His own through His Holy Spirit today! see: 1 Samuel 9:27, 1 Kings 12:22, 1 Chronicles 17:3
12. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
However it is just as daft, for those who do not want to say that the Bible is the Word of God, to rail against those who say it is, because they both in their own way are correct.
What ever Jesus speaks to your soul is life.
A person can read the Bible all their life and never know God, because He has not spoken it to their soul by His Spirit, or if He has they have not heard, because they did not have ears to hear. Reading the Bible can not save you, your religious ways can not save you. Only the Father as He draws you by His Spirit, to life through Jesus Christ, can save you.
John 5:38-40-Jesus speaking here of Old Testament scriptures
40. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Just something to make ya think saints!