I happened to run across some comments on the Internet the other day, one was a claim that God is bringing His People (the gentiles) back to their "Jewish roots"!
It so saddens me that so many are more concerned with becoming "Jewish" than they are in becoming "Christ like"...and yes I know, Jesus was a Jew...But what came first-Jesus or the Jews?
Jesus was God manifest in the flesh...and before the Jews were as a people-He Was...In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
God is not in the process of bringing His people back to our "Jewish" roots, (Which unless we are of Jewish ancestry, we don’t have to begin with.)
God is in the process of separating and drawing a people both Jew and Gentile unto Himself, that we all might be called “The children of God”.
Many have separated themselves from the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus our Lord, yet not separated themselves from the world and the things of the world.
We need to go back to the CROSS, not our non-existent "Jewish roots"!!!!
Woe to them who say they are "Jews", when they are not, but are of the sin-a-gog of Satan!!!!!
(Yes I know there are many interpretations of this verse...especially by replacement theology folks.)
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
God loves the Jewish people, He created them, and He will yet deal with them, He has not forsaken nor replaced them. They as a whole, are under temporary blindness, until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled.
"The children of God", are under a new Covenant that was paid for in full by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. In Christ Jesus there is neither Jew nor Greek, male nor female....period.!
24. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The following scripture was dropped amongst the comments on this particular sisters blog. Whom I might say God is using to get some particular truths out to the general public.
Some take the following scripture and say - well there you are a woman can not share the gospel in any way shape or form!
1 Timothy 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
What about these next scriptures?
28. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
31. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. -there's your true end time signs and wonders by the way-not feathers, gold dust and gems!
17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18. And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19. And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20., before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
God said.."Your sons and your DAUGHTERS Shall Prophesy"....
One has to open ones mouth, and make an audible sound, amongst both saved and unsaved alike, in order to prophesy, as in Anna the prophetess!
Listen, God will speak through a Donkey if necessary....HE is NO respecter of persons....period!
Jesus did not say, "Only men shall be permitted to share the gospel and witness of me"
Now reasonably, a woman should not usurp authority over a Godly man, nor interrupt a man while he is in the process of preaching or teaching. Neither should they interrupt another woman, but they should prefer others, and wait with patience to be used of God.
A Godly woman who has a family to take care of, does not have time to pastor a whole flock of people, her duty is to her children, and her husband.
We can reasonably see the point of a man, for the most part, being the one to pastor a congregation, or go out on the evangelistic field. We can reasonably see the point of a man for the most part being the leader. That however does not preclude a woman who is in order, being used to Glorify the Lord, prophesy, share the gospel, and teach when led of the LORD. None should lift themselves up, as the men, they should remain humble, knowing whom it is they serve, and to whom it is they shall give account.
Then there are those who are insisting that to be pleasing to God, we have to go back to keeping all the "Laws of the Old Testament"....Christ is become of no effect to them that are justifying themselves by striving to keep all the Laws of the Old Testament...
1. Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 2. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
6. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
The Whole Law of God can be summed up as this-"Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and Love your brother as yourself"...
Because if you have the love of God and His Spirit dwelling in you, and you love your brothers and sisters, you will not commit adultery, you will not murder, and hate, you will not steal from another, you will not bear false witness, or lie, you will not back bite and gossip, you will not covet, rather you will be content with such as you have, because the love of God truly lives in you!
8. Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
29. Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
I am a Gentile saved by the Grace of Almighty God and counted as one of His children.
He who lives by the law and is guilty of breaking one law, is guilty before God of breaking them all!!!!!
8. If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
11. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
13. For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath showed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
In other words it is not what we do, that justifies us before God, it is not the pursuit to keep the laws, it is our faith in what Jesus Christ has done for us, that justifies us. If Jesus Christ is in you, He writes His law upon your heart, that you might not sin against Him. He equips you to be able to resist the temptations of the devil, that you might stand before Him without shame.
I speak all these things in love, that we may all think on Him, and seek Him, and His kingdom, and seek to be like Him, in all his character and nature. Seek these things, not your non-existent "Jewish roots"...I speak these things to misguided gentiles.