I don't know about you saints, but when put under extreem pressure, and strain, at certain times..I don't like what I see in myself... I see a flawed vessel... I can clearly see that I am but dirt...my carnality shows...by my inability to put myself in check and control the emotions.. and even if it is just unloading on the husband...or sounding off on an unsaved daughter when she has pushed me over the limit.... it is not good!
Some may read this and rejoice,...saying..."See I told you she is not so good"...hey I have never been good, there is only one who is Good and that is God!
I don't know about you, but I am nothing but a wretch saved by the blessed Grace of the Most High God!!!
Jesus told the parable of the Pharisee, a man who was apt to keep all his religious tradition, and a common old publican who went to pray:
10. Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
I often have to pray please Lord -"Please, remember I am but dust"... too often for my liking...
I sometimes wonder if I will ever get the victory over my flesh, and be able to rule my spirit with an iron hand...and be continuously pleasing to my God....Pray for me saints....it is my desire to be a vessel of honor unto the LORD.