This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Peace In The Midst of The Storm


Saints please go to this link at World Challenge to hear this wonderful sermon by Rev David Wilkerson: That Dreadful Day No One Wants To Talk About 2/25/08
Today banks are failing the stock market is plumiting, some have fear in their hearts for what they see happening. But saints, we can have peace in the midst of the storms of this life if we just yield to Jesus. If we just trust the Lord no matter what is happening around us. He is our provider, He is our defender, He is our strength, He is our shelter in time of the storm. Saints this is no time for us to throw in the towel. This is the time for us to allow the Lord to work in us that which will last into eternity.

Matthew 11:28

28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

2 comments:

randy said...

Amen Sister Helen. I was lead to watch the dvd of this sermon two weeks ago; it hit home with a deep forboding of what is coming on this nation. I have been very busy the last two weeks also; my Mother, her soul is blessed in His Presence, went to be with the LORD Sunday evening Sept 7.

I do labor, I am heavy laden, and YES, HE GIVES REST! I find rest for my soul in His word and in His presence. As strange as it seems, I am starting to understand that His yoke is easy, His burden is light; when I totally, unashamedly depend upon Him for my needs. He brings complete peace when I spend time, quality time, in His Presence.

I have to fight for that time. It is not unlike, and please do not be offended at the analogy, it is like my first girlfriend...as a youth, I wanted to be with her always, just to see her, to speak with her, to hold her hand, to dream of her and plan for our future. It is the same thing Christ expects of us...and it requires planning, setting time aside for Him; and only Him...This is from where our peace, security, rest, and hope comes.

We both know this, but, oh how difficult to put such things into action for any length of time. I have times when it is like trying to breath without air when I am away from Him for too long.

Have a great weekend. It is good to be back into the blog sphere (whatever that is!)...

Bonny said...

Thanks Helen, a great word. Really there is nowhere else to find rest and no one else to turn to in these times. I have heard that sermon before - timely as always.