This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Testimony That Needs To Be Shared!


For those of you who don't know how to access the comments on this blog, or who may neglect to check the comments, I wanted to post this comment I received from my friend Amy. I think we all need to read it. It was in response to the blog with links to those who have spoken out against David Wilkerson's latest Prophetic Warning:

I heard Brother Dave's prophecy in 1992 in person, and I as well as several other friends had all already had similar visions of the fires he spoke about and rioting. The Holy Spirit in us witnessed to it and had already shown us the same thing. Many people in the NYC area have been given these warnings over the years, some I know had them even before they were saved, and thought it was going to happen "soon".


In 1991 I saw Ground Zero
- the hole and pile of rubble where the Twin Towers were - and I carried that burden for 10 years, fully persuaded it would happen any day, even checking the skyline behind me everyday. When I watched those planes slamming into the towers live on TV, I knew in my spirit that that was it, that in one hour they were coming down. I was so grateful I got to see it and know I wasn't crazy, because many prophets (not that I'm one) never got to see the fulfillment like that. I had wondered after a while if it would ever happen in my lifetime. I kept thinking God was being merciful and longsuffering, giving people more time to repent. And I felt my job was to pray for mercy, which I definitely saw in the whole disaster. It could have been so much worse. God was so merciful and saved many, many people, even many who died.

The best friend of my friend's husband worked at Canter Fitzgerald, a bond trading company on the top floors above the fire, that lost about 800 employees. He was persecuted on the job and ridiculed and mocked for being a "preacher", but when everyone realized they were trapped and going to die, they begged him to tell them how to get right with God. He had called his wife to tell her he was exactly where God wanted him, and asked her to pray because hundreds of coworkers were standing in front of him saying, "Preacher, what do we do? How can we be saved?" And some were already on their faces crying out to God in repentance.

David Wilkerson has insisted many times that he is not a prophet and has pointed out instances when he has been wrong or has mistakenly added his own interpretation to something God did say. He always directs people to the Scriptures and to their own prayer closet concerning what he says. He has walked a very hard walk. God has humbled him and broken him and given him a heart of mercy and compassion through letting him make mistakes and experience some of the very errors he railed against in others. He has stumbled on occasion like all men of God, but has stood firm over the long run and has not wavered in his convictions or preaching, only softened in his heart and attitude towards others. This is a true man of God who has paid the price for his anointing, and we do not have the right to judge him by outward appearances. Which is what these people are doing, even though they claim they are judging by the Spirit and Scriptures.

While I'm at it on a roll here, I'm going to say just one more thing. It is not a bad idea to have extra staples and food set aside, not out of fear, but common sense. Because in cities like NY the supermarkets ARE cleaned out that quickly even just before snow storms or hurricanes. Where I live it is not unusual to be snowed in and without power, and our supermarkets say they have only 3 days worth of food if everyone came in at the same time. The trucks come something like twice a week from Denver which is a 7 hour drive, and often the interstate is closed during storms. So most people I know do keep some extra food and water just for that reason. If there is a calamity on the scale Brother Dave has seen, 30 days of supplies is not going to be enough anyway. We are still going to need to depend on God...End Quote

No comments: