This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Understanding 1 Corinthians 14-Part 4-Video of Blind Leaders of the Blind


If you are a born again spirit filled believer and this video doesn't make you want to vomit-then there is something severely wrong with your walk with the Lord, and your understanding of God's Holy Word. If you type into u-tube John Crowder and Benjamin Dunn, you can see more abomination filled videos, that will make you to understand why God's judgment is upon us.

God's Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, was not given to us that we may walk about in a "spirit" induced stupor, as these men teach. This video and these men have "another spirit" and they are heaping judgments on themselves by portraying the Holy Spirit as a vehicle through which to satisfy your former lust for drugs, by instead using the Holy Spirit to fulfill your fleshly lusts and desires. This is Abomination before an All Holy God!

Men such as these in this video are making a living off the backs of the young sheep and they are laughing at they prey all the way to the bank. Thus they are heaping curses to themselves, and God will add plagues to them except they repent

1 Corinthians 14-continued from Part 3

15. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

16. Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

Again it is reiterated that if we are to pray yes -we may pray in the spirit-in tongues, but we are also to pray in our own language from our own hearts, for our own needs and the needs of others, and to knowingly give Glory and Praise to God. Some even sing in tongues, but we are also to sing in our known language. In other words how would some one who comes in knowing nothing about tongues, or God, understand God or anything about him.

17.For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

18. I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:

19. Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

20. Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

21. In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

Here it says - yes tongues is a good thing-it is always a good thing to give thanks to God-but in the tongues others cannot be edified-and again when we come together publicly its about edifying the whole body, not just ourselves.

Paul says-look saints I speak/pray in tongues more than all of you-BUT-when we come together I would rather prophesy in a known language that all may be edified and learn of God.

Here it is like Paul is saying-Hello think about it people use your reasoning power as grown ups- tongues were to be a sign to the unbelievers because it was prophesied that it would happen, and when the Jews heard the tongues they were supposed to acknowledge-Ah! this is what was prophesied of old- as it is written, this is the sign that these are my people and I am in them, but yet still the Jews would not hear and acknowledge the saints or that this was of God.

22. Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

23. If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

24. But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

25. And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Again Tongues were to be a sign for the unbeliever, that they might acknowledge that God was again moving amongst His people. Prophesying on the other hand was for the edification of the body.

Those who don't have a full understanding of tongues, and their proper function with in the believers life, or the body as a group, if they come in amongst us and we all at one time are speaking in tongues, they will then think we are all mad.

It would be the same if all prophesied in their known language at once-it would be Chaos- therefore order is commanded.

However if all prophesied in an understood language, at least there would be some understanding of what was said, and the people would be brought under conviction of the Holy Spirit as He dealt with their hearts and they then would worship God and say that indeed God was in us.

26. How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

27. If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

28. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

29. Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

30. If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

31For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

32And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Here in is given the order for when we come together as a body, when it comes to Tongues, Prophecy, sharing doctrine, Praise and Worship, Testimony....All are to be done to edify the body-If tongues are to be spoken it is to be in God's order and with and interpreter-or we are to be silent! We are not to all jump up at once, we are to prefer one another, wait on one another.

Prophesies are to be judged by other prophets. God is not the author of confusion but of Peace!

34. Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

35. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Here the women were out of order, they were obviously throwing questions out to be answered during the teaching time. They were told to keep slient within the teaching time and save their questions for their husbands at home. It is still a shame for any one to interupt a service or teaching time unless there is a period set aside for questioning what is being taught. The word says that "your sons and your daughters shall prophesy" which takes using our voice within the corporate body, and so God is not forbidding women to speak, but that things be done in order. God does not contradict Himself.

36. What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

37. If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

38. But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

39. Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

40. Let all things be done decently and in order.

If we are going to profess to be filled with "The Holy Spirit" then we will line ourselves up with the Word of God, not go our own way. We should all covet to prophesy but not forbid tongues amongst us-but all things are to be done decently and in their order as stated!

End of Part 4...to be continued!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that I didn't want to watch these videos 'cause I already know what I will see. I must say that I agree with Paul Washer when he says: False teachers are God's judgment on people who don't want God but in the name of religion plan in getting everything what their carnal hearts desire.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been to one of John & Ben's meetings? I have. I went as an observer not a follower. The Lord told me to go watch. I had no opinion on them other than what I saw sometimes shocked me. My husband is sure they are deceived. So I wanted to be careful so I covered myself in the blood & wore my armor & had the prayer covering I needed. Nothing that wasn't from God could get through all of that. Since He sent me, I had nothing to fear. Here is my report. What I saw was out of man's "order" but I also felt the strongest presence of God I had ever experienced & I know God's presence. It was very heavy. I went back to my hotel totally full of joy & silliness; woozy like. I heard the true & pure word of God preached & it was probably the best I have ever heard. So why did God send me? I don't know. I haven't processed all of this yet, but I will get back to you when the revelation comes as to why. Here I thought it was so God might have me judge this wickedness. However, since this encounter I am starting to think differently. What was God saying to me? Maybe what people's "carnal hearts desire" as Natasa said in her comment, is not the love of God which sets us free from our religious masks of conformity but what we really crave is the power to judge, condemn others, & feel like we are right & others who are different from us are wrong. This seems to be what is truly out of God's order in all of this. Have you ever thought to consider maybe God is in this to shake off all of that from us? He sent me in as an observer. I am just here to report what I saw. You will have to be the final judge. I hope you will at least pray for God to show you what He wants you to see than assuming you know what His thoughts are on the subject. I never saw anything in your four part teaching that convinced me they were wicked, either. I saw a lot of focus on tongues, which doesn't apply to this situation at all from what I can see. So, I am searching for what God wants me to see in this. So far I am not seeing any good Biblical arguments against it except that it is a bit irreverent & wild.

A Seed Sower said...

Ahhh...Anon,
Think it no strange thing for Satan is able to manifest himself as an angel of light and his ministers, as ministers of righteousness....the presence you felt was a heavy presence, it was a spiritual presence, but not a Godly presence....

Remember if it were possible even the very elect of God would be deceived...That's how clever Satan is at deception. He can so manifest himself that his presence seems as if it is the LORDS presence..I don't judge a service by the "woozy feeling" I get, I judge it by the discernment of the Holy Spirit and by the Truthof God's Word.

No,I havent been to one of their meetings, neither would I go to one, I have seen enough on u-tube of these self promoting young men, and their blasphemous and foolish words. I know better than to seek out their presence, for research purposeses or other wise. Just as I would not step inside the Mormon Temple, or a witches lair.

Thank you for taking the time to comment ANON...May the Lord give you discernment, that you may see what I, and many others see in these young men.
Seed Sower!