Oh beloved if you need God's Mercy, then you must put on bowels of Mercies, you must show mercy toward others, bountiful mercy.... for God can not go against His Word..
For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath showed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
And we if we refuse to forgive and we refuse to show mercy toward others, then we shall be judged without mercy by our father...because He is a just and a righteous judge!
1. If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.It is clear that we are to be continuously be seeking to be more like Christ, and to set our affections on Him and our eternal home, and have our thoughts toward the eternal... that we may bear that which is set before us.
2. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Affection=Let your mind and your emotional attachment be to Christ
We all want to be with Christ, but do we want to be with him enough, or are we bound by our loved ones, and the things of this world?
5. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:Mortify=discipline the flesh!
Saints we do have to put daily, hourly, effort into allowing ourselves to be conformed to Christ Jesus our Lord, we have to be willing to submit ourselves into His Faithful hands.
6. For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7. In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Put off= rid oneself of!9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Put on=to make a part of ones behaviour!
13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Forbearing=to control oneself when provoked, be patient
14. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Let=Allow! which saints would be an act of our will!
17. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy
Let us not be like the Pharisees who were in danger of Hell!
23.Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
We can be doing all the things we think are required of us, we can be going to church, we can be tithing, we can be participating in ministry, we can be sacrificing our time and what ever else we feel is acceptable to God....but we must not become blind as the Pharisees, and forget to show Mercy....