This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Satan Has Desired to Have Us Saints of God that He may Sift Us as Wheat!

Luke 22:31-32
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Saints let me assure you of this, when you press in to God, and you increase your witness of Him, the harder you battles will become. I speak from experience!
It seems that the more the Lord uses us to speak against evil, the madder Satan and his devils become. Truly saints our battle is not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.

Since I started this blog a few years ago, and especially since I have started up a u-tube channel, the enemy has launched a series of vicious and merciless attack at me through certain family members. Through God's Grace, I am able to consider the true source of these attacks-Satan.
I thank God that He has given me the Grace to see these attacks are being motivated by Satan, and not the flesh that I see with my eyes. This is something that has taken many years for me to understand. Call we backward and I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box if you know what I mean. I tell you saints if we do not come to understand these things then we will be a prime target for satan.
Saints we can have peace in the midst of the attacks, when we learn to consider their true source. When we understand that it is Satan that is trying to steal your peace, our joy and our faith.
Psalm 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

At first glance a person might think that afflictions are sickness, but not so. Afflictions can mean, something or someone who gives us continued pain, one who causes us distress or grief.
Afflictions not only affect our bodies but also our minds. They can do the most damage to our minds if we do not seek the Lords help. Many situations and people can cause us distress if we allow them to. We have to learn in these times to submit ourselves to God and seek His help, and ask for the Holy Spirit to give us a covering. In these times we must polish up our armour also. Above all we must seek God, before we react in your flesh to a situation, or a person saints. We must take a breath and allow the Holy Spirit time to give us council.
The Lord knows what we have need of saints, and it is His good pleasure to be our all in all, our deliverer, our help in time of trouble, if we just trust in Him, and yeild ourselves to Him.
So don't let satan discourage you saint of God, and remember you are not alone in your afflictions, because all who live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecutions of the devil.
Remember saints of God, even when you don't have the strength to pray for yourself, Jesus Christ your High Priest prays for you!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you so much Helen. This is the scripture I have been hearing in my heart - that Satan wants to sift me and it's my faith he is after. Please pray for me too. I am really hurting. I have someone just as you describe who Satan uses to continually afflict me and cause me distress and grief, and rob me of my confidence and peace. But really he is after my faith. I am getting away for the weekend and hopefully can pray through this. I'm also sorry to know you are being afflicted too. Thank you for this encouragement.

randy said...

It IS truly amazing that those whom are closest to us seem to be the ones the enemy uses to oppose us, argue with us, or generally influence our day or week (hopefully not too much longer without Divine intervention!)

While reading your blog in this regard I thought of Peter; the one who was the most outspoken in the recorded Word, in defense of Christ. THIS IS THE ONE that Satan used to deny Christ.

I think of Judas and his total betrayal. Think of it, Christ only had 12 that closely followed Him all of the time, and out of those 12, two denied Him, the other 9 fled and there is no record of them being at Calvary in any measure, and only one, John stood beside Jesus' Mother.

When I am opposed in a large measure, I feel betrayed, forsaken of God, and afflicted. But then again, if He is in me and I am in Him as He says, should I expect to be treated any better?

When I begin to think I stand, I suddenly fall; when I think I am strong, something exposes me as being a weakling, when I believe I finally have it all figured out in my mind, the Spirit of God reveals a passage of Scripture that blows me out of the water!

Oh the depths, riches and mercies of our Father!

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you sister.


We must contiue to remind ourselves that the battle is not ours its the Lord! Hallelujah! God will fight for his people! And he will fight for you sister, in Jesus name!