This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Hindusim, Roman Catholicsm, International House Of Prayer

The Pope Receives the three fold mark representing the 3 Hindu gods


One of the major Hindu gods






Right: The Assisi Peace conference in the 1980's I believe. Archbishop of Canterbury, Archbishop of Thyteira and Great Brittan, Pope John Paul and the Dalai Lama-ex-god king of Tibet.


What a mix!



Now we have Hinduism, Roman Catholicism and the charismatic International house of prayer more commonly known in these parts as IHOP..Just what do you think these three religious entities have in common? Well I'm gonna show you!

I have posted these old photos to demonstrate that back in the early 1990's I was involved with the pro-life movement here in Wichita. One day while on site at a local Abortion mill a young catholic friend of mine approached me and handed me some papers that she had just received that morning while attending a Catholic woman's auxiliary meeting she had attended at their Spiritual Life center. They were instruction sheets that she had been given by nuns who taught the lesson on prayer methods. These techniques had troubled my young friend, and rightly so, she said "This sounds like Hinduism". I had in my possession the news paper article on the Assisi peace conference with the photo, so the fact that the Roman Catholic church would embrace Hinduism did not surprise me, the fact that they were already, back in the 90's, teaching these techniques to their flock not a complete shock to me.
Prior to receiving these prayer instruction sheets from my friend, I had been given a Catholic Digest, by another friend. In this catholic digest (which i still have for research purposes) dated July 1993, is this article, "Reincarnation, Sacred Cows, and Karma". For the sake of keeping this blog short I am only going to quote one thing: quote "The 2nd Vatican council took a positive view of the potential spiritual resources of Hinduism"end quote
Now I am going to quote in part from the 2 prayer instruction sheets that came from that session with the nuns: quote from sheet #1

"Remember that the Holy Spirit wishes to use all of your faculties (parts of self) in prayer: Memory, Imagination, Will, Emotions, Thoughts, Distractions.

Pick a posture that makes you comfortable. Any will do, but you don't want to be distracted in prayer.

In some forms of prayer posture is very important, because it helps express who we are to God.

Take time at prayer
Pick a spot in the world of your imagination. Take a gospel scene, or create a special place of your own.

Fill out the spot with your imagination.

Picture Jesus, Mary or one of the saints.

Invite them to be with you.

Speak with your prayer partner, give your partner time to answer.

Accept that answer as the gift of the Holy Spirit if it bears fruit in your life.

Embrace or kiss or touch your friend. Use your imagination, your memory, all of your faculties.

Tell your partner goodbye let them know when you plan to come again." end of partial quote.

Its shocking I know saints of God but true, there is more, quote from Paper #2:
1. Find a sufficiently isolated place to pray so you will be alone.
2. Find a comfortable position
3. Sit for a min or so doing nothing but quieting yourself, just being still in Gods presence.
4. After a min or so enter more deeply into the very center of your being by taking a deep breath and as you inhale say to yourself "I am" and as you exhale say, "with God" Inhale "I am" exhale "in God" inhale "I am" exhale "For God". Then change to "God Is" exhale "with me" etc.
Do this until you experience oneness with God.
5. As you find yourself becoming totally absorbed in God and God in you, choose a single word like "God" or "Love" or "Praise" end of partial quote-
"Oh saints of God this is becoming a labor, this trash is from Satan"
continue quote:
6. When you become aware of distractions very gently return to your prayer word, let go of the balloons never strain your mind or imagination
7. Slowly pray the our father as an ending to your prayer of quiet..end quote
Now at the time I read all that rot, as i said I was shocked at the blatant use of Hindu prayer techniques upon the ignorant and susceptible people of the Roman Catholic church. The word of God tells us to cast down imaginations, but I am not going to go into these things here, now on to the IHOP connection. I came across this link today:http://kimolsen.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/ihop-openly-promotes-contemplative-prayervisualization/ I will now quote some of the phrases contained in this prayer instruction layout from

IHOP:

Method #1
Choose a short phrase in Scripture.
Begin slowly praying the Scripture in silence.
Focus your prayer toward the Spirit who lives inside you (John 7:38).
Remain on the phrase as long as you feel the Lord’s presence on it. Then move with Him, slowly praying through the passage phrase by phrase.

Method #2
Choose a short story in Scripture.
Read through the story several times silently.
Close your eyes and acknowledge the Spirit who lives in you.
Use your imagination to imagine yourself as one of the story characters or as an onlooker.
Play out the story in your mind applying all five of your senses.

Method #3
We call this “Beholding the Spirit Within.”
The goal is to search for and feel God’s presence inside you, not necessarily to gain more understanding in God’s Word as with the first two methods.
Begin by gently praying a short passage of Scripture in silence while focusing on the indwelling Spirit. The Scripture is used to quiet the clamoring of your soul and draw you to God. It is the connection point, the springboard into the spiritual realm.
Once you feel God’s presence, focus on it in a concentrated way.
You will be able to notice His presence now; He has always been there, but now your attention is on Him within you. The outward senses are quiet and your surface thoughts are gone. You are beginning to be consumed by the Spirit.
In this time, feel the freedom to stay quiet. Silently ask the Spirit to show you a vision, or slowly and silently say to Him, “I love You. I love You. I love You.”

Overcoming Distractions

Your mind will have to be trained in practical ways to not wander and think on other things. To overcome a wandering mind, simply begin thinking on the Scripture you have been meditating on, and focus your prayer to the Spirit within you. The Lord sees your heart as it searches for Him, and He is smiling upon you. You may become sleepy during prayer. To overcome, sit up straight instead of slouching and do not lie down. You can also begin speaking the Scripture you are meditating on under your breath until you feel the drowsiness subside, then return to the silent prayer.

Saints of God if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...Saints "Its a Duck"!!!
Oh and Saints of God please don't try these techniques at home, or you may end up with more than you bargained for. You may end up possessed of demons.

7 comments:

Bonny said...

This is all too famiiar to me, Helen. I dabbled with those methods myself some years ago, and it led to demons and error, not God. Jesse Penn-Lewis' "War on the Saints" talks about the danger of passive prayer, and 'waiting on God', and the spurious nature of this type of spiritual experience. I think another word for it is 'channelling'????

A Seed Sower said...

Amen Sister Bonnie, There need be no "method" in speaking with our Father. All that is required is an honest and contrite heart. His ears are open to the prayers of the righteous.
Jesus said He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, He is our High Priest and our intercessor. We look to Him to make our petitioins known.
We need not use the methods of the heathen, the pagan, the idolitors Amen.

Amy said...

Yes, Amen. This is so dangerous, because Satan's counterfeit Jesus and "ministers of light" are very eager to speak to Christians who open the door to receive whatever ideas may come to mind while they "pray". The influence of this IHOP ministry is so widespread and easily accepted but is seducing many away from the truth. Loving God and worshiping Him is not about FEELINGS - like feeling His presence - which seems to be a focus of IHOP - but is a commitment to faith and obedience. Love is not a feeling but is about how we treat God and people. "If you love Me, you will obey Me."

A Seed Sower said...

Yes Jesus said "If you love me keep my commanments"...and He said "My yoke is easy and my burden is light"... and His commandments are not grevious.
We as the children of God are not to go by our feelings, we are to trust God and love and follow Him and be obedient to His Word, without needing to see signs and wonders, and whether we feel His presence or not.

Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to rock the boat, but I somewhat disagree with all of you. Sure, if people are seeking something other than the God of Israel whose Son is Jesus, the only God, then they will end up in a dangerous place. But from personal experience (about 22 years) I find that I need methods in my prayer in order to focus on God, otherwise my prayer time is spent thinking about events of the day and "to-do" lists. I find that when I dial down my thoughts and focus on who I'm speaking to, it helps me to actually pray. No demons. Just me and God.

A Seed Sower said...

Danny you might want to read this blog also:.
http://justtomakeyouthink.blogspot.com/2008/11/meditation-as-bible-teaches-it.html
When the
children of God are filled with the Holy Spirit they need no other spirit to guide them in prayer. They need no formula, they are able to pray and touch God any time any place and under any circumstances.
The Children of God have no need of borrowing the traditions of the pagans who worship false Gods as in Hinduism. Delving into contemplative & imaginative prayer methods may well take a person into spiritual realms, realms of deception and darkness, and realms that they are told in the Word of God not to involve themselves with. You may well feel good, but the ways of the pagans are the ways of spiritual death.
So dear brother I would be most careful and I would seek the truth from the word of God, not man. I would seek Him with all your heart and mind and soul for the truth. I believe you to be deceived at present. I shall pray for you.
I happened across a large group of young people from IHOP a couple of years back and found those poor souls to be zombie like and almost under a trance like state and brother it wasn't the Holy Spirit that I sensed in these poor unfortunate souls.
Remember that Satan is able to manifest himself as an angel of light and his demons as ministers of righteousness..be warned and repent..before it is to late.. This is my final word on the subject. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I do not wish to get into debates, just share the truth with the children of God. I have stated my beliefs clearly on this subject, and on my view of IHOP..I suggest you also go to the link i have on my blog for Apostacy watch, go to their wolves page scan down and read the articles posted on Mike Bickle...God Bless, and may He open your eyes to HIS Truth...Seed!

A Seed Sower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.