This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Oh how wonderful the workings of the Lord!


A sister just e-mailed me the link to the following audio, I recommend you all listen, it has some very good exhortations in it: http://www.bridgegap.org/e/shop/item.asp?itemid=3112&catid=122 Go Down to Item Options & Stream for Free click on play.

It ministered to me greatly and I pray it does the same for you saints.

My heart has been broken by some of my family members, and I am realizing now that I had my heart set in the wrong place. Therefore I set myself up for heart break, I put way to much value upon my family members, instead of having all of my heart set on the Lord. Therefore Satan was permitted to use these family members to come against me, to seek to destroy me. I know the Lord shall heal my heart!

Jesus said, "Where your treasure is there will be your heart also". Earthly treasures don't have to mean money. Our families, especially the little ones, can become the focus of a great overabundance of our love. God wants all of our hearts, He does not want our children, or our grandchildren, or our spouses to become our earthly treasures. He wants to be our only treasure, and He wants us storing up treasures in Heaven, not on this earth!

The Word says that a mans enemies would be those of his own household, I can relate to this.

Matthew 10:34-39
34. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
37. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Yes this scripture can be applied to the fact that when we become saved, many of us experience rejection and ridicule from unsaved family members. However we are to cast aside the rejection and the hurt and loose ourselves in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This audio has helped me realise my position, and has exhorted me to a new perspective!

If I had not focused so much love on my son and his children, Satan would not have been able to use them pawns in his chess game, he would not have been able to crush my heart, all the while laughing with glee and taking great pleasure at my misery. I gave place to him, because of my overabundance of affection set in the wrong place. My children and grandchildren are not mine, they are the Lords, and my only duty is to pray for them, that we may spend eternity together, knowing as we are known and recognizing that we are God's.

God will in His time deal with those who's hearts are not right. Vengeance is mine saith the Lord I shall recompense thee. My place is to set my heart continuously on Him.

So I thank God for using a brother in the Lord whom I do not know, to set me straight. Glory to God, all parts of the body of Christ are necessary.

Keep me in your prayers saints...God bless you all!

No comments: