This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Is Forgiveness An Option For The Child of God?

This may be a worldly caption to the left, however it holds a truth; When we forgive those who trespass against us, the sting of unforgiveness in our own hearts is gone, and in its place dwells the warmth of the peace of God knowing we have done His will!

Saints this is yet another blog that is being done as the result of a request by another dear sister. It is adapted from a word the Lord gave me some years ago. For a longer study on the subject you can go to our website and read this paper on FORGIVENESS

In the manner that God forgives our sins, He expects us to forgive those who sin against us, regardless of the circumstances. Regardless of the offense committed against us, we need to be able to forgive.
Now I know this is not a thing that is pleasing to the flesh, this is where the term “Crucify your flesh” comes into play. We may say "Well I can forgive, but I can't forget," that is correct, in our selves we can not forget, but if we willingly submit ourselves to God He can help us to forget.

If we are sincere in wanting to forget, and we seek God's help, if we ask our Father for a fish will He give us a stone? No He will empower us by His Holy Spirit with what we need to over come our flesh, as we submit to Him we will receive deliverance from our inability to forget the wrongs done against us.

Still first things first, begin by asking the Lord to help you forgive. As children of God we are not to live in the past, we can't change the past, but we are to concentrate on today, none of us has a promise of tomorrow, so we are to take one day at a time. Sufficient to the day is the evil there of. you may say, "But you don't understand how many times this person has come against me", no I may not, but God sees all things and He expects us to be long suffering- that means to be willing to suffer long and be kind. We are to extend forgiveness to others as God extends His Mercy and forgiveness to us.

Look saints I am going through something right now with a family member that is devised in the very pit of hell, (yes I covet your prayers!) but I keep this person in prayer, and extend forgiveness daily to them, even though they don't know God, and they don't ask my forgiveness, and Satan seeks to destroy me and others through them. If I don't do this then Satan will get a foot hold in me, and fill me with bitterness, resentment and hatred-that will separate me from God, and hinder my prayers-and I will not permit that to happen. Yes unforgiveness of another-hinders our prayers!

Saints we must also be quick to forgive.

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
Matthew 18:21-22

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Matthew 5:43-45

In Matthew 18:23-34, Jesus tells the story of one who was forgiven by God of His debt and yet refused to forgive the debt of another, the following is the concluding scripture to that story:
Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant
, even as I had pity on thee?
And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you,
if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses. Matthew 18:32-35

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matthew 6:14-15

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses
.
Mark 11:25-26 -Jesus can't make it any clearer than that now can He?

May our hearts cry be "Change my heart oh God, Lord give me a heart of forgiveness, show me the way Lord to forgive those who have come against me."
If we desire the peace of the Lord to dwell in our hearts we must seek to forgive, and forget the wrongs done to us saints.

If we hold unforgiveness it turns quickly to bitterness, and it eats at our souls. We must be quick to forgive saints...we must not let unforgivness take root in our souls..GBU all!

3 comments:

Diana Kukk said...

Amen, dear sister. For me this was and is one of the hardest lessons for me to learn.

Everything you have posted here is absolutely true. We MUST forgive, as our Lord has commanded us! This is NOT an option. Love you!

Anonymous said...

This is a Word that I needed at this particular moment. I do not believe this is a coincidence. By the move of the Holy Ghost I forgave this person this same day!

Thank you sister.

A Seed Sower said...

Praise God for He alone is Worthy, How Great is our God!
Thank you sisters for leaving comments to further edify the saints of God...This shows the Lord is no respector of persons, what He will show one He will show the other.
Praise God that He moves to bring us all to where we need to be in Him.
Your comments will also encourage and edify the sister who requested that I do this blog subject.