This blog is designed to make you "think". Also to encourage,exhort,edify and "Warn" the saints of God as we see the day of The Lord on the horrizon.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

The LORD Hath Given Me Council!


After intense time of prayer with tears this week, in regards to a particular family matter…( I prayed through the afternoon, evening and through the night)…begging God to intervene in the situation…He very quietly spoke and saidRest in Me.
Knowing God to be faithful, and true to His Word, I stopped my frantic travail, trusting that He had heard my petition, and that He would answer in due time.

Psalm 16:7-9
7. I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
8. I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

When everything is chaos around us saints we can hope in the Lord.

Psalm 37:1-13
1. Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
2. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
3. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
6. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
7. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
8. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
12. The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
13. The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

We must resist the temptation to take things in our own hands. We must allow God to do His work, because He is more than able saints.

4 comments:

diana said...

This is EXACTLY what the Lord has told me to do regarding a big family problem that i have cried many tears over. I have begged, pleaded and requested His intervention. I was once again going to go into the pleading when He told me to rest in Him. that He knows the situation and that He hears my cries. I need not be despondant. This was a few days ago and I do see the Lord working. I fully expect Him to move mountains in my dear family one's heart and life.
Bless you
Diana

A Seed Sower said...

God bless you Diana, this comment brought me to tears...thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comment...We serve the same God! His ways are unchanging ... Great and Mighty is He...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this Helen, I have found myself begging to our Lord for my family also and many ohter things in my life such as living for Him, the way He wants me to obey Him. Many a days I have cried out to Him with tears. Jesus, has give me peace as I read His word to rest in Him. I Praise God for His ability to do want we can not do. We must learn to rest our heads on His shoulders and do as that great old hymn says. Give it all to Jesus. Sue

Amy said...

I'm so glad Helen. The Father has to keep bringing me back to this same theme of resting in Him again and again. I'm so glad you had this breakthrough.